1. Choose a Hotel that is not near an airport.
2. Treat your luggage with a Bed Bug repellant.
3. Inquire about any Bed Bug activity. Request a room that is not adjacent (above, below, next to, across from) to any rooms that have had Bed Bugs.
4. Inspect the room before bringing in your luggage. Do not use the luggage cart.
5. Keep your clothes in Ziplock bags.
6. Do not use the Suitcase stand.
7. Do not leave dirty clothes on the floor.
8. Purchase Bed Bug Monitors and place in the room.
9. When you get home, unpack outside of your home, inspect for activity. Wash clothes in
hot water and dry on high heat for at least 30 minutes.
10. Hire an trained exterminator to inspect your home and belongings if you notice any
unusual skin irritations while vacationing or upon returning.
Check out this article from the Augusta Chronicle featuring Horne’s Pest Control regarding Do-It-Yourself bed bug extermination and the dangers to your health:
Check out this story covered by WRDW featuring Horne’s Pest Control on a bed bug infestation in a local hotel in the CSRA: